Patriot Guard Riders New York
Who We Are
PGRNY is a diverse group of patriots who come together to show respect and support to US service members, honorably discharged veterans, first responders, and their families by standing flag lines and providing escorts at memorial services, only at the request of the family. We also stand flag line for other events honoring veterans and military personnel by request. We do not have meetings, dues, or most of the other membership requirements of other organizations. Many of our members share a love of motorcycles and many are veterans, but neither is a requirement. The only thing our members do have in common is a deep feeling of appreciation of the sacrifices that our military and first responders have made and continue to make.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and 100% volunteer organization. Any donations received go directly to members of the Armed Services, veterans, families of deployed service members, and Gold Star families in need through our Help on the Homefront (HOTH) programs: Veteran's Financial Assistance Program and Veteran's Transition Assistance Program. A small portion of the funds raised goes to the families of veterans in the form of a plaque at memorial services.
Our Veterans Recovery Program has provided honor and respect to those who have served this country, by securing a final resting place for forgotten heroes.
Request A PGRNY Mission
"Standing For Those Who Stood For US"
Missions are one of the ways Patriot Guard Riders New York, Inc. (PGRNY) show support for US service members, veterans, and their families.
Missions vary greatly and can include standing flag lines or providing escorts to veterans for such diverse events as calling hours, gravesite services, the return home of veterans on Honor Flights and active military personnel from overseas assignments, as well as for ceremonies honoring veterans, etc. It is our honor to attend these missions and there are no fees or expenses incurred by the requesting family or organization.
Funeral Mission Requests
Event Mission Requests
Based on the most current COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines: NYS Guidelines of 2 March 2022, and CDC Guidelines of 3 March 2022, going forward, the Lead Ride Captain for any mission will be responsible for determining whether PGR members will have to mask up or not. Please ensure that you have a mask with you, should the need arise, and respect the LRC’s decision in these matters.
PGRNY Current Missions
- R1/2, Honor Mission - James R. Fuller, US Army, WWII Veteran, Sat., 05/21/2022, Rochester, NY
- R1/2, Honor Mission - Louis Tremiti, US Navy Veteran, Mon., 05/23/2022, Rochester, NY
- R1/2, Honor Mission - Stanley J. Stankiewicz, US Marine Corps, Vietnam Veteran, Sat., 05/21/2022, West Seneca, NY
- R1/2, HOTH Mission - Rochester Honor Flight Mission 71 - Welcome Home, Sun., 05/22/2022 - Rochester, NY
- R1/2, Updated Information Unofficial Mission - Widows Sons Spring Thing Event and Bill "Patch" Fuhrmann Memorial Ride, Sat., 05/21/2022, Rochester, NY
- R1/2/3, HOTH Mission - 13th Annual Waterloo Memorial Day Bike Rally, Mon., 05/30/2022, Waterloo, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Alexander F. Pirrera, US Army, Vietnam Veteran, Tue., 05/24/2022, Schenectady - Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Bernard F. Green, U.S. Army, WW II Veteran, Fri., 05/27/2022 - Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - James L. Gaudette, US Navy, Vietnam Era Veteran, Sat., 05/21/2022, Waterford, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Veteran Recovery Program Services for Two Unclaimed Soldiers, Fri., 05/27/2022, Watervliet - Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Walter J. Wolfe, US Army Air Forces, WWII Veteran, Mon., 05/23/2022, Glenville - Fort Ann, NY
- R4/5, HOTH Mission - Memorial Day Parade, City of Albany, Mon., 05/30/2022, Albany, NY
- R4/5, Memorial Mission - Global War on Terror Recognition Ceremony, 05/23/2022, Glens Falls, NY
- R4/5, Updated - Honor Mission - LTC Erik L. Smith, NY Air National Guard (Ret.), Mon., 05/23/2022, Burnt Hills - Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, UPDATED - HOTH Mission - Memorial Day Weekend - Flags In - Saratoga National Cemetery, Sat., 05/28/2022, Schuylerville, NY
- R7/8/9, Memorial Mission - Flag Placement and Pickup - Cypress Hills National Cemetery, Sat., 05/28 and 06/04/2022, Brooklyn, NY
- R8/9, HOTH Mission - Vietnam War Commemoration, All Vietnam Era Veterans, Sat., 05/21/2022 - Islip Terrace, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - All Military Branches, Memorial Day Ceremonies, Calverton National Cemetery, Mon., 05/30/2022 - Calverton, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - Memorial Day Parade, All Military Branches, Mon., 05/30/2022 - Baldwin, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - Memorial Day Parade, All Military Branches, Mon., 05/30/2022 - East Meadow, NY
- R8/9, Special Mission - Flag Placement - Pickup Calverton National Cemetery, Sat., 05/28 & Sat., 06/04/2022, Calverton, NY
Thank You Notes
For a complete listing of all Thank You Notes, visit the Thank You Notes page found in our navigation.
R8/9 Honor Mission - Lucus F. LoCicero
A thank you note from the Family of Lucus F. LoCicero
R4/5 Honor Mission - Steven J. Newkirk
Hello, My name is Carla, I am a cousin of Steven's and I wanted too reach out to you and say thank you for escorting Steven and our family. Steven's service and the escort provided because of it, made a sad and unbearable day, one full of honor and respect. After the services and celebration of...
R1/2 Honor Mission - Daryl A. Gigante
Hello, I would like to thank the Patriot Guard Riders for the beautiful ceremony for my husband's wake. My husband is Daryl A Gigante, Vietnam Combat Veteran and his wake was held at Lakeside Funeral Home, Union Road, West Seneca on Wednesday, March 9. I have many generous donations that I would...
R4/5 Honor Mission - Alan R. Whitney
My heartfelt gratitude for your presence at my husbands services. Alan thought the world of you and would have been honored to know you stood at attention for him. Our family was extremely emotional the way you conducted yourselves and went above and beyond with standing in the cold, presenting...
R1/2 Honor Mission - James B. Willard
Thank you note from the Family of James B Willard
R1/2 Honor Mission - Samuel McRae
Thank you from the Family of Samuel McRae
For a complete listing of all Announcements, visit the Announcements page found in our navigation.
Region 2 Announces RC Bobby Rinck
Robert (Bobby) Rinck, has been an active member for nine years and has had two years experience as acting lead ride captain along with working with Veteran Recovery Program (VRP). Retired last year after 30 years as a Code Enforcement Officer, His full-time duties now have him grand parenting 4 kids...
Region 2 Announces RC Bruce Forsyth
Bruce participated in his first PGR Mission in 2013. Since then Bruce has participated in Honor and HOTH missions in NY Regions 1, 2, 3 and PA Regions 1, 2. In 2016 Bruce did his first duty as an Acting Ride Captain. That particular mission, no Ride Captain was available to lead the cemetery...
Region 1 Announces RC Richard "Dixie" Hancock
With thanks to State Captain Bill Schaaf and Assistant State Captain Nigel Heaton for their approval, I'm honored to announce the appointment of Richard "Dixie" Hancock of Batavia as a new Ride Captain in Region-1. Dixie has been a member for 3-1/2 years, and he's done approx. 150 Missions with...
New HOTH Veterans Transition Assistance Program
Patriot Guard Riders of New York Inc. is excited to announce Help on the Homefront (HOTH) Veterans Transition Assistance state-wide program. The Veterans Transition Assistance program is a volunteer outreach program that may provide either a security deposit/first month's rent or one-time delivery of new...
Region 8 Announces RC William Byrne
Although a civilian, like myself, there is nothing Bill won't do for a veteran in need. Our local Marine Corps League has made him an Associate Member because of his actions, presenting him with an official red Marine Corps cover that is indistinguishable from that of the actual Marines. Bill is an...
Region 8 Announces RC Kevin Tirman
Kevin served in the US Air Force and then the Nassau County Police Department. He is currently the President of the American Legion Riders in Nassau County - Post 1033 - Elmont. He is also the Vice President of the American Legion Post 1132 - Seaford. He's got a good head on his shoulders and he...
Rep. Zeldin Honors Patriot Guard Riders on House Floor. On April 12, 2018, Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1) honored the Patriot Guard Riders from Long Island and across the United States on the floor of the House of Representatives.
It's not about us...
However, we received recognition for our efforts in the form of a proclamation from Sulfolk County Legislator Leslie Kennedy, 12th District. Patriot Guard Riders of New York attended and stood honoring Daniel Pierce, USAF on November 5, 2020. There was no known family to see him to his final rest. PGRNY was asked to stand and honor him as part of his family.
Thank you Legislator Leslie Kennedy.
Honoring and being Honored...
PGRNY arrived at Ernie Pyle Center with our flags ready to stand a flag line but were asked to put them back in our bikes - "We have this one," we were told by the 1174th Deployment & Distribution Battalion Honor Guard, Fort Totten, NY.
We were invited to take seats in the front of the hall, that we were guests of honor today.
Toward the end of the Retirement Ceremony, we were asked to come up to the front to accept a Certificate of Appreciation from the Battalion, which was accepted on behalf of Patriot Guard Riders across the country.
Thank you on behalf of all PGR!